Dennis Foote - Systems Engineer
This week, I worked on MS Server 2003 (IIS) 6.0 static files that were compressed. They became corrupted which gave me issues with my files on my VM Web server. While this was happening, the page that I got was incorrect and I received an access violation. Along with this mess, problems with OWA starting happening - like hangs, page errors, etc. I got the following error message often as well:
Error: 'g_flsMimeInstalled' is undefined
I found to fix this, I needed a Hotfix 831464. This can be found on Google. This will require you to restart the server, but it should fix the issue. I also used the following instructions to delete the cached files that gave me the issues in the first place.
To delete the cached files on the server, follow these steps:
- Open the IIS Temporary Compressed Files folder.
The default path is %windows%\IIS Temporary Compressed Files.
- Delete all the files in this folder.
- At a command prompt, enter IISReset to restart all IIS services.
You may also need to delete the cached files on the client to make sure that the corrupted files from the cache are not used. To do this, follow these steps:
- In Internet Explorer, click Internet Options on the Tools menu.
- Click the General tab, and then click Delete Files.
- Click OK.